A patent file wrapper is a file that encloses all the paperwork related to the prosecution and opposition (if any) of a specific patent application. It is the comprehensive record of a patent application, including all relevant forms, receipts, drawings, block diagrams, and other papers. Any written or verbal correspondence between the examiner and the applicant is documented in the file wrapper. Popular names for the File Wrapper include File History and Prosecution History. There may be more than 1000 pages in a file wrapper, but for legal purposes, we just need the two lines that support our position. An extremely comprehensive inspection of the file wrapper is necessary in order to pinpoint those two particular lines. An attorney’s review of tens of thousands of pages of file wrapper is incredibly wasteful.
Why you need file wrapper?
File Wrapper contains numerous papers that required in the invalidation search of a patent. The File Wrapper includes multiple documents like issue notification, issue fee payment, electronic acknowledgment receipt, filing receipt, etc therefore we need to choose very carefully the files that are pertinent and helpful for running invalidation searches. We simply need to examine the documents that are related to the specification, claims, rejections, arguments, revisions, appeals, a notice of allowance, opposition processes etc. to have a better knowledge of the prosecution history (if any). All of these changes, rejections, and arguments aid in our deepening understanding of the justification for the patent award as well as aid in the analysis of the patent’s potential invalidity. Additionally, the File History records the examiner’s entire search method, including keywords, categories, and queries executed. Information Disclosure Statement can also be used to extract the citations, including those made public by the applicant and those mentioned by the examiner during the examination (IDS) executed Information Disclosure Statement that can also be used to extract the citations, including those made public by the applicant and those mentioned by the examiner during the examination (IDS).
Why you should choose Centriik for file wrapper?
- In-depth understanding of how to analyze file wrappers to extract specific information or to give a comprehensive overview of the file wrapper.
- Centriik’s engineers and paralegals assist their clients by doing various analyses on file wrappers with detailed information about file wrapper.
- Claim specific analysis and novelty specific analysis that provides novel aspect in the invention especially while office action.
- Detail documented history report for the limitation that the applicant frequently includes in order to have the patent approved that might be very helpful in litigation. (As per client’s requirements)
- The file wrapper including all relevant forms, receipts, drawings, block diagrams, and other papers that may help the client for legal procedure in patent also described the invention’s position.